GEORGIA HIGHWAY 316:
GEORGIA’S INNOVATION CORRIDOR
Our location central to Interstate 85 and the University Parkway (GA Hwy 316) between Atlanta to the south and Athens to the north, Barrow provides the best of best worlds. We enjoy a slower pace of life within minute’s reach of all the amenities that Metro Atlanta has to offer. Deeply rooted in southern tradition, Barrow’s six municipalities offer the opportunity to know your neighbor while enjoying the sense of place unique to each one. It is our desirable location in the Metro Atlanta area amid the Northeast Georgia region that opportunities abound for innovative practices to occur.
Please give us a call…we welcome the chance to share why you should Choose Barrow!
Thomas R. Jennings
President, Barrow County Chamber of Commerce
Tommy Jennings has been with the Barrow County Chamber of Commerce since January 2007 as president. He brings over 35 years of experience in private industry to the chamber. Tommy was President of Barrow Manufacturing from 1996-2006. His experience with worldwide manufacturing, sourcing, warehousing and the opportunity to leverage brings to the chamber a skill set that works for commercial, industrial and residential business. Jennings is a 2012 graduate of the Southeastern Institute of Organizational Management. Jennings is responsible for the day to day operations of the chamber.
Chairman, Barrow County Board of Commissioners
Pat Graham was first elected Chairman of the Barrow County Board of Commissioners in November 2012 and re-elected in 2016. She served as the Mayor of Braselton from 2002 thru 2009.
Pat Graham was appointed by Governor Sonny Perdue to the Commission for a New Georgia, Service Delivery Task Force, in 2004. Governor Nathan Deal appointed Pat to the Georgia Rural Development council in 2009 and she was reappointed in 2013. Pat is an appointed member of the State Water Planning Council, currently serving as Vice Chairman, for the Upper Oconee Planning Region.
Pat served on the Board of the Georgia Municipal Association from 2006 thru 2009, and chaired the Local Government Policy Committee in 2008 & 2009. Pat participated in the Georgia Academy of Economic Development in 2005 and the Regional Leadership Institute in 2006.
Chairman Pat Graham currently serves as a member of the following boards, commissions or authorities:
- Northeast Georgia Regional Commission
- Atlanta Regional Commission, TAQC Committee
- Barrow County Board of Health, Chairman
- Upper Oconee Water Planning Council, Vice Chairman
- Upper Oconee Water Basin Authority
- Barrow County Chamber of Commerce
- Barrow County Industrial Building Authority
- Winder-Barrow Joint Development Authority
- Georgia’s Innovation Corridor Joint Development Authority
- Barrow County Literacy Board
- 911 Advisory Board & LEPC
Pat and her husband Earl live in Braselton and have four adult children. Grandchildren are pending.
Economic Development Director, Barrow-Braselton Joint Economic Development Authority
Ben’s community involvement includes:
- Founding President of the Barrow Area Rotary Club
- Chairman of the Barrow County Farmers Market
- Board Member for the Sims Academy for Innovation and Technology
- Vice President of the Piedmont Soccer Academy
- Board Member for Adult Literacy Barrow
Ben is happily married to his wife, Kelli, and they are blessed with three children.