GEORGIA HIGHWAY 316:
GEORGIA’S INNOVATION CORRIDOR
Gwinnett has many advantages, beginning with its location and road system. The county is just 45 minutes from Hartsfield International Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Atlanta. Georgia Highway 316 has been extended to Athens, reducing travel time to the University of Georgia to 25 minutes. Gwinnett’s infrastructure includes more than 2,750 miles of roadways to provide excellent mobility for future business and citizens. As one of the fastest-growing counties in America for several decades, it’s no surprise that business is booming here. Three major shopping malls anchor the retail sector, while other businesses are attracted by the financial, legal, professional and technical services Gwinnett has to offer.
- Approximately 30 miles northeast of Atlanta
- County seat: Lawrenceville, GA
- 437 square miles
- Adjacent counties: Barrow, DeKalb, Forsyth, Fulton, Hall, Jackson, Rockdale, and Walton
- 80 percent of the U. S. population is within a two-hour flight
- Gateway to metro Atlanta from north and northeast via I-85 and I-985
- Easy access to University of Georgia (at Athens) via University Parkway/GA Highway 316
- Minutes from scenic Lake Lanier
- Home to 16 municipalities.
President & CEO, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
Chairman, Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
Charlotte J. Nash was first elected Chairman of the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners in March 2011. She was president of a governmental consulting firm and had served in Gwinnett County government for 27 years, including nine as the appointed County Administrator. She has served on the Gwinnett Recreation Authority, the Atlanta Regional Commission, and the Transportation Investment Act Roundtable among many others. The Atlanta Business Chronicle named her one of the 100 Most Influential Atlantans in 2011 and 2012, and Georgia Trend included her as one of the 100 Most Influential Georgians in 2013. Charlotte and her husband, Michael, have two grown children and two granddaughters.
Individual to be Determined